Thursday, September 3, 2009

new quinoa at Kroger!


Very exciting news quinoa lovers!
I found a new Inca Red Quinoa at Kroger on W. Gray today! FUN!

The grain is dark red, an "heirloom variety" according to the box. It was $3.89. I haven't cooked with it yet but will let you know the outcome. I may sprout half of it just for kicks.

ALSO, RICE MILK IS ON SALE! $3.50 for a 1.5 gallon! I have been buying rice milk for about 5 years and just found the half gallon in the health food refrigerated section of Kroger's. CRAZY! The 1.5 gallon in the box is $3.99 just down the aisle. MORE CRAZY!

I will be making my special Caribbean kale salad this Sunday for a Labor Day party and I am including a secret ingredient! Du du du du.

Those of you who were my taste testers in the summer of 2007, when I created the salad, will remember a variety of "special taste appearances" including:
coconut (gets wet and loses flavor quickly)
carmelized onions (actually turned the salad quicker) and
ginger (too much flavor when combined with the cayenne pepper).

Recipe to follow festivities on Sunday revealing the special ingredient.
Think Psych!

AND...this Saturday at 8 a.m. I will be teaching a hot yoga class at YogaOne that will be featuring RADIOHEAD. :) and it's $5 for my class if you say "Healthy Living is a 24/7 party!" hehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment