Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Impress a friend with a Key Lime Pie Shake


This is the most amazing shake I have ever tasted!

Recipe provided thanks to my new favorite cookbook: Living Raw Food by Sarma Melngailis:

Serves 2
Equipment: juicer, blender

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups fresh apple juice (from about 3 apples) (I used green apples)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 3 peeled limes) (I juiced them in the juicer with the apples)
1 ripe avocado
2 bananas (I didn't use bananas in the first shake I made and it was more juicy. The banana gives it the "shake" texture)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons agave nectar (light or dark, it won't effect taste)

In a blender puree all ingredients.

So easy and yet SO tasty! It's a satisfying treat after yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment