Sunday, November 8, 2009

Houston Half

Being my first half marathon I thought I would document my...

TOP 10
2009 HOUSTON HALF MARATHON
MEMORIES

(in consecutive order)

1. waiting for race to start, the lack of worry or fear about running the longest distance I've ever run in my life. why was I so calm?

2. compression socks don't fail me now.

3. feeling like an ant. Gosh, there are a lot of people here. Good. I'm not crazy.

4. feeling like a GIANT. I got some dirt on my shoulder, could u brush it off for me?

5. rocking Blue October, singing along, sometimes dancing and jumping to the music. Basically, not giving a s&*t anymore. this is too much fun!

6. making friends along the run with Ryan, an overweight 30 year old, who I gave my last GU to, had a full-on conversation with about his breakfast that morning, his HH training, his dog. I would never be this nice on the track. Who am I? Ahhhh...endorphins are being released, making me more pleasant. Note to self, run away.

7. stopped to use the restroom in a completely murdered port-o-potty. not happening. holding till the next set of port-o-pottys. moments later...Damn, that is the only set of port-o-pottys. Damn, which one did I go in last time? damn, damn, damn. holding again.

8. drink. drink. drink. meditate. listen. decide. run. repeat.

9. Thinking to myself at mile 12, "I will totally do this again." Same exact relaxed, sensible sentiment I had moments after giving birth. Am I a glutton for punishment or what?

10. Walking down the stairs about 2 hours after finishing, praying for my knees. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Look for me next year, New Orleans Rock-N-Roll Marathon.
Half or Full?
Weigh in!
Wanna come?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment